Washington DC Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Representing Victims of Serious Injury in DC, Maryland, and Virginia
An increase in bicyclists in the DC area has led to a related increase
in collisions between bicyclists and motorists. This increase means it
is vitally important for bicyclists to know what to do in the aftermath
of such an accident to ensure their right to pursue financial compensation
While you may be hurt and disoriented immediately after an accident, it
is in your best interest to obtain as much information as you can if you
are physically able. When there is physical or property damage, it is
crucially important to obtain the other party’s contact and insurance
information to provide to your attorney later. There is even a crash form
mobile app available from the Washington Area Bicyclist Association.
Contact us today at (202) 759-7666, or fill out a
free case evaluation form.
Information to be recorded includes:
- Insurance companies and policy numbers of those involved
- Makes, models, and license plate numbers of any vehicles involved
- Names and contact information of any witnesses
- The police report number
- Name and badge number of at least one police officer who responded to the scene
- Names, driver’s license numbers, addresses, phone numbers, and email
addresses of any other drivers, bicyclists, or pedestrians involved
Steps to Take Immediately After Your Accident
- Taking pictures with your cell phone can be important to your injury claim
as well. When you have time, hopefully the same day as your accident,
write a detailed description of the events before, during, and after the accident.
- You should physically remain on the scene and wait for EMTs and/or police
to arrive. While you may not feel injured after the accident, the adrenaline
and endorphins in your system can be masking the symptoms.
- Call the police, even if no one is hurt, since an officer can create an
objective report on the accident and this can be a significant resource
if injuries present later or if insurance companies become involved.
Your next step should be to speak with a
Washington DC personal injury attorney who can use all the documentation you have collected to file a claim for
financial compensation. Do not wait to seek legal representation if you
have suffered a serious injury!
Our DC bicycle accident attorneys can help you discover your options -
call our office today.